Powering on and connecting via Bluetooth
Follow the steps: (Please first confirm that your phone has Bluetooth functionality)
- Power on: Once you remove the buds from the case, they will turn on automatically. Alternatively, touch these buds for 2 seconds to power on. The right headphone LED alternately flashes orange and white after white flashing twice on both sides.
- Activate the Bluetooth function of your phone and search for “Kogan Sports TWS” referring to your phone instructions.
- Manually click “Kogan Sports TWS” to connect. If the indicator stops flashing, the connection is successful.
- Pairing mode will last 180 seconds. If you have not successfully paired within the pairing time, you will need to restart the device and complete the steps above again.
- When they are turned on, the earphones will automatically connect to the last device that you had paired.
- The headset will lose the connection when you exceed the Bluetooth range. The headset will reconnect automatically if you are back in range within 2 minutes.
- The Bluetooth range will be decreased substantially if you do not have your phone and earphones in direct line-of-site.
- If the device does not switch on automatically after removing it from the case, switch on manually by pressing for two seconds.
Method 1: Put the headphones into the charging case, they will automatically shut off. If the charging case is out of power, the headset will not automatically turn off.
Method 2: Touch the Multi-function touch-key button (MFB) for 5 seconds, the white light will flash three times.
Answering incoming calls
- Tap the left or right MFB once to answer incoming calls.
- If you have answered a call with your earphones and you receive another call:
Tap the left or right MFB once to stay on the current phone call and answer incoming calls.
In the three-way call, tap the left or right MFB for 1 second to change between the two mobile phone calls switch over.
Ending the call
Tap the left or right MFB once to end the current call.
Refuse incoming calls
Touch the left or right MFB for 2 seconds to reject an incoming call.
Double Tap for Siri or Google Assistant
From standby, double tap the left or right MFB to summon/close Siri or the Google assistant.
- Play/Pause: Tap the left/right MFB once.
- Long press the left MFB to switch to the previous song.
- Long press the right MFB to switch to the next song.
- If you can only use one MFB, your device will only allow the next song to be played, not the previous.
Charging the case
- When the charging case is less than 3.3V, the orange LED of the charging case will flash once every 2 seconds, indicating low power.
- When the headphones are placed into the charging case, the orange flashing lights will indicate the battery state:
- 0-25% power orange light flashes once every 2 seconds.
- 25-50% power orange lights flash twice every 2 seconds.
- 50-75% power orange lights flash three times every 2 seconds.
- 75-100% power orange lights flash four times every 2 seconds.
- The LED indicator will turn steady orange when the headphones full charged.
- When the earphones are lower than 3.3V, the white light flashes 2 times every 3 minutes, accompanied by a tone.
- Put the earphones back into the charging case for charging. When charging, the white light of the earphones will flash. Once fully charged, the white light will turn off.
Mono mode (take out either earphone as a unilateral Bluetooth headset)
Note: Single channel mode only requires the removal of one of the earphones from the charging case. If two earphones are removed from the case before connecting, the headset will default to TWS mode. When pairing, the name of the right earphone will be “Kogan Sports TWS“. The left earphone by itself will be titled “I96 Mono”.
- Turn on the headset, the headset will automatically enter Bluetooth pairing mode and the white light will flash once every 0.5 seconds.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function of the mobile phone to search for the unit. Choose either “Kogan Sports TWS” (right) or “Kogan Sports TWS“(left) to pair. The white indicator of the earphones will stay on for 5 seconds indicating that Bluetooth pairing is successful.
- Please refer to the TWS mode for pairing both simultaneously.